Sunday, June 1, 2014

Twin Zanders

When I first acquired these 2 photos, I assumed they were a young married couple.  I have similar photos of my great-great grandparents at the time they were married.

But, it took one look at the census to set me straight.  Ida and Otto Zander were twins, born on January 19, 1878, in Washington County, Texas, to Carl and Wilhelmina "Minnie" (Walbruck) Zander.  They were the 4th and 5th children of six.


Ida Zander married Dr. August Kuhn on January 20, 1901, and the couple made their home in Pflugerville, Travis County, Texas.  I find them with three children:  Lester, Lorine and Donald.  Ida died November 17, 1932, at the early age of 54 from a gangrenous appendix and peritonitis.    She is buried in the Lutheran Cemetery in Pflugerville.


Otto Zander married on January 4, 1903 to Sophie Anne "Annie" Braun.  They settled in Williamson County and had one son, Leon.  In 1910 Otto owns a saloon and is working as a bartender.  He died on January 20, 1953 one day after his 75th birthday.  He is buried in the St. Peter Lutheran Cemetery in Walburg, Texas.

LSW

No comments:

Post a Comment